Wednesday 3 December 2014

Lest We Forget: Part B

Even though I don't have any family who fought in a war, I still hold Remembrance Day close to my heart. I believe that it is extremely important to remember the people who fought and/or fight for our freedom. Without them, our country would not be the place it is today. Normally every year I attend a Remembrance Day Service, or attempt to. I used to be a girl guide, and with that came me walking and being involved in the annual ceremony. So it is like a tradition for my attendance.

Captain Miles Shelby, CD
Age: 31
Home Town: New Westminster, British Columbia
Unit: 431 Air Demonstration Squadron (The Snowbirds) 
Deceased: December 10, 2004
Incident: Mid-air collision with another Snowbirds aircraft.    









Sapper Stephan John Stock
Age: 25
Home Town: Campbell River, British Columbia
Unit: 1 Combat Engineer Regiment (1 CER) 
Deceased: August 20, 2008
Incident: Improvised explosive device, Zharey district, Afghanistan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment